The Auxiliary of NorthShore Community HealthSystem is a volunteer-led fundraising organization devoted to improving healthcare programs and resources at NorthShore hospitals and in the communities we serve.
Since its inception in 1936, The Auxiliary has raised more than $23 million to improve the health and wellness of our NorthShore community. Our biggest annual fundraiser is the nationally recognized American Craft Exposition (ACE). In 2021 and 2022, proceeds from ACE and its related Angel Campaign will go to SAVE MOMS, a data-driven resource for pregnant women that’s designed to protect and preserve maternal health before, during and after delivery.
The Auxiliary also hosts several other community fundraising events, like “AUX WALKX” (a fundraising walk) and our annual diaper drives. AUX WALKX raises money for our Nursing Scholarship Program, which provides academic scholarships for high school seniors planning to pursue a career in nursing. Our diaper drives provide free diapers for local families in need through the NorthShore Perinatal Family Support Center.
If you’re passionate about philanthropy and improving the healthcare services available in our community, we invite you to apply for membership in The Auxiliary! You can either join or renew your membership online.
The American Craft Exposition (ACE) is one of the country’s premier fine craft shows. It’s a highly competitive juried show and a major fundraiser that supports research and care at NorthShore. Participating artists support ACE’s fundraising goal by donating a percentage of their designated sales. Proceeds from ticket sales also go toward the year’s selected fund.
Since 1936, volunteer efforts have directed more than $23 million to healthcare needs at NorthShore—and you can be a part of this impact for our community! The Auxiliary members are asked to:
- Help provide volunteer, social and fundraising opportunities for 200 general members
- Help serve on a planning committee to raise funds through the American Craft Exposition
- Participate in a variety of service projects such as diaper drives and other fundraising efforts to support nursing scholarships
Members receive the Auxiliary Update newsletter, are invited to social gatherings and events, and have the opportunity to hear lectures from outstanding physicians.
Active Director Requirements
- Pay annual membership dues of $200
- Attend a Board orientation
- Attend a minimum of four of the eight scheduled Board meetings each year
- When not serving as an officer or committee chair, serve on one standing committee
- Help the American Craft Exposition (ACE) in the following ways:
- Volunteer for ACE
- Purchase or sell 2 Preview Party tickets
- Make an Angel Contribution
Sustaining Director Requirements
- Pay annual membership dues of $100
- Support all Auxiliary activities
- Positively represent the hospitals in the community
General Member Requirements
- Pay annual membership dues of $75
- Eligible to serve as a member of any standing or ad-hoc committee
Honorary Director Requirements
- Pay no annual dues
- Appointed by the President after exceptional service to The Auxiliary
Your philanthropic donation of time and talent helps The Auxiliary serve our community—not only through our fundraising events, but also through various service projects.
Throughout the year, The Auxiliary hosts diaper drives to benefit NorthShore’s Perinatal Family Support Center. The Auxiliary collected more than 10,000 diapers from its drives in 2021. The diapers were distributed to local families in need through the Center.
The Perinatal Family Support Center provides a wide range of services to women and their families who are facing challenges related to pregnancy, childbirth, premature delivery or the loss of an infant before, during or following delivery. Each year, the Center provides free services and resources for more than 1,800 underserved families.
Every spring, The Auxiliary offers $5,000 in college scholarships to high school seniors in our community who plan to pursue an education in the field of nursing. These scholarships reflect NorthShore’s commitment to the future of healthcare by supporting qualified students and addressing in a very real way the national and regional nursing shortage. In 2021, The Auxiliary awarded six $5,000 scholarships to well-deserving high school seniors, thanks in part to the generosity of underwriters Whitehall of Deerfield; Amita and Janardan Khandekar, MD; Diane Newman; and Nancy and Ronald Semerdjian, MD.
Congratulations to our 2021 Nursing Scholarship Winners:
- Erin Hamann, Adalai E. Stevenson High School
- Adaly Jimenez, Waukegan High School
- Alyson Ludden, Loyola Academy
- Ginger Mirabelli, Lake Zurich High School
- Stefanie Mosele, Hoffman Estates High School
- Katherine Wenc, Woodland Academy of the Sacred Heart
Auxiliary Annual Meetings
Each Spring and Fall, The Auxiliary hosts an annual meeting for all Auxiliary members and their guests. Meetings feature speakers from across NorthShore and provide a chance for members to socialize over breakfast. For more information, please contact The Auxiliary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224.364.7270.
Join The Auxiliary and make a difference in the lives of others today! All membership dues are charitable contributions, and all members have the opportunity to make new friends, raise funds for important healthcare initiatives and make a positive impact in our communities.