You are Making an Impact!
We thank you, our donors, for your continued generosity on behalf of the patients, clinicians and staff at NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore). Your philanthropic gifts support excellence in our diverse programs and services. We appreciate your partnership in fulfilling our mission to preserve and improve human life.
Our patients, clinicians and staff feel the difference of your support every day. In one year alone, your gifts helped us to:
- Assist 2,962 patients who needed help covering their prescription drug costs.
- Treat 3,066 patients in need of free or discounted care at NorthShore Evanston Hospital’s Dental Center.
- Deliver 4,631 babies and screen 3,900 new mothers for depression and other psychological issues.
- Provide 45,997 hours of language interpretation services to patients and families.
- Provide care for 122,274 Emergency Room visits.
These are just a handful of the thousands of ways you have changed lives through your philanthropy to NorthShore, and we thank you for your immensely positive impact on our community!
Philanthropy is absolutely critical to the initiation of research.
~ Charles Brendler, MD, Vice Chairman of Surgery for Research and Development and Co-Director, John and Carol Walter Center for Urological Health
Your support is a force for innovation. NorthShore builds exceptional care programs upon medical research, which is the key to providing the personalized medical care that our community relies on. Donors like you provide the funding that our physician-scientists need in order to launch groundbreaking studies, gather preliminary data, obtain federal support and guide research projects through to completion.
Current areas of study include:
- Leveraging patients’ genetic and medical histories to develop individualized treatment plans.
- Detecting and preventing influenza in our communities.
- The effects of maternal stress on premature births.
- Early detection and prevention of colon cancer.
- Using neuroimaging to better understand and treat Alzheimer’s disease and Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS).
- Developing advanced ways to operate on the heart without opening the chest.
With approximately 1,000 active clinical trials, we are making a tangible difference on medical issues that affect people of all ages and walks of life. Your donations empower NorthShore’s physician-scientists to advance cures and discoveries and improve patients’ lives.
To learn more about the impact of your gift, please contact us at 224.364.7200.
To continue making an impact, please make a gift online.